Who Rules America?
Wars, Including The So-called "War on Terror"
Palestine (& the Part of it Called Israel)
Culture & Values
Science (Global Climate Change, Peak Oil?/Energy, HIV/AIDS)
Contact or Donate to Us
New Democracy's Core Beliefs
* * *
Thinking about Revolution (pdf)
a pamphlet by John Spritzler and Dave Stratman with supplementary articles here
Please download, print and share "Thinking" with your friends, neighbors and co-workers. (Also feel free to pass out this related flyer.)
* * *
A Critique of Marxism: selected chapters from We CAN Change The World: The Real Meaning Of Everyday Life (pdf file)by David G. Stratman
"The Communist Manifesto Is Wrong"by John Spritzler
The Revolution Series -- three flyers from the mid '90s:
Also, from the early days of New Democracy, our first flyer calling for revolution: We Can Change The World.
Click here to see articles relating to the necessity and/or possibility of revolution with useful information, though not necessarily reflecting the views of New Democracy.
* * *
They're singing about revolution and democracy:
Tracy Chapman, "Talkin' 'bout a Revolution"
Leonard Cohen, "Democracy is comin' to the USA"
Bugger the Bankers, performed by The Austerity Allstars
No Rich, No Poor (lyrics)
* * *
Articles that reflect New Democracy's views:
- Paul Krugman: A Smart Man Paid to Say Stupid Things
- Government Spying Aims to Silence Us
- Why Cooperative Businesses Are Not the Answer
- Beware of Robert Reich's Latest Op-Ed
- What Kind of "Freedom" Did They Die For?
- If Only Glenn Greenwald Would Learn to Say "They" Instead of "We"
- Jump Off the Treadmill of Defeat!
- Senator Elizabeth Warren's First Bill is a Disguised Attack on Students
- Ugh! Senators Warren and Franken Vote to Confirm Brennan to Head CIA
- To Those Wondering, "What's Wrong With the F*%$#@! American People?"
- Razan Ghazzawi at IAW – Toronto: “Who’s Afraid of Syria’s Popular Revolution?” by Henry Lowi
- The Billionaire
- The Despicable Values in Obama's State of the Union Speech
- Who is the Enemy?
- What Makes a Government Legitimate?
- What Side Is Senator Elizabeth Warren Really On?
- Global Wealth Equality: What Would it Mean?
- The Family Next Door
- Beware of Dennis Kucinich, Robert Reich, Bill Moyers and their Like
- Millions Who Voted for Romney Would Prefer an Anti-Capitalist Revolution
- Video: After Sandy, Occupy Movement Re-Emerges as Relief Hub for Residents in Need continued here.
- Big Money Did Not Lose the 2012 Election
- Most Adults in the U.S. Don't Vote
- An Open Letter to America's Voters
- Michael Moore Just Doesn't Get It
- The Artificial Scarcity of Jobs
- The Evil of Sanctions on Iran
- Look Who's Telling Us to End the Oppression of Women: PBS's 'Half the Sky'
- The Capitalist Big Lie about Human Nature
- Why Some People Insist that Twice Two is Five
- Democracy Versus Sharia
- Did Poor Whites Vote for the Racist Jim Crow Laws of the South?
- What is Democratic Revolution? (a PDR leaflet)
- FBI Face-Recognition Surveillance, by John Spritzler
- DNC "Vote" Exposes America's Fake Democracy, by John Spritzler
- Lessons for Today from the Spanish Revolution 1936-9, by John Spritzler
- Listen, Right Wing Talk Radio Host! by John Spritzler
- What About the Green Party, U.S.A.? by John Spritzler
- Beware of Harvard's "Radical Fix for the Republic" by John Spritzler
- Voting for President in America: History is Trying to Tell Us Something, by John Spritzler
- How to Think Like a Realistic Revolutionary, by John Spritzler
- Leaflet about shutting down the Vermont Yankee nuclear reactor, by People for Democratic Revolution
- Should We Pay Back the Debts? a leaflet by People for Democratic Revolution
- A Misunderstanding about Democracy by John Spritzler
- Message from Greek Hospital Workers Occupying their Hospital
- What Causes a Political Sea Change? by John Spritzler
- Boston leaflet about cuts to the public transportation system by People for Democratic Revolution
- Declaration of Occupation,
passed by consensus, at General Assemply, Dewey Square, Boston, Nov. 29, 2011
- James Romer Reflects on his Lifetime of Political Activism by James H. Romer
- From Occupation to Revolution by John Spritzler and Dave Stratman
- Mom and Pop Capitalism? by John Spritzler
- The British Ruling Class Foments, and then Uses the 'Riots' by John Spritzler
- Reform Congress?, by John Spritzler
- Gaddafi Is No Anti-Imperialist, by John Spritzler
- Egypt and the China Syndrome, by Dave Stratman
- Inside Job is an Inside Job: A Misleading View of the Economic Crisis, by Dave Stratman
- How Progressive Ideas Protect Inequality, by John Spritzler
- Moral Debts and Ethical Deficits by Frank Scott
- BP Lays Waste to the Gulf. Corporations Lay Waste to America
by Dave Stratman
- Goodbye to Social Democracy? by Dave Stratman
- Bank Credit Versus Solidarity, by John Spritzler
- The Key to Happiness That No One -- Not Even the Happiness Gurus -- Are Discussing by Frances Moore Lappe
- Paulson's Bailout and the Great Tradition by John Spritzler
- How Can We End the U.S. Government's Pro-Israel Foreign Policy?, by John Spritzler
- Democracy in the United States? Fugetaboutit! by John Spritzler
- After the Revolution, What? by John Spritzler
- A Realistic Solution to Illegal Immigration by John Spritzler
- "Solidarity, Not Charity" - Revolution in the Ninth Ward by Beth Moore
- "What Will It Take To Win?" by John Spritzler
- "No War But the Class War" by Beth Moore
- "America Is Not A Democracy: What Are We Going To Do About It?" by John Spritzler (August, 2004)
- Scenarios of Revolution by Dave Stratman (May 2004)
- "Religion, The Golden Rule, and Revolution" by John Spritzler (web only, April, 2004)
- "Worshiping A Strange God"by John Spritzler (web only February, 2004)
- "John Adams And New Democracy On Revolution" by Dave Stratman. (web only, January 9, 2003).
- "Winstanley & The Diggers: The Spiritual and Political Story of a Seventeenth Century Communist Movement" by David Spritzler (not previously published).
- "In Name Only" by Philip Farruggio. (web only, November 13, 2002).
- "People, Get Ready." A New Democracy Editorial. (NDN* May-August 2002).
- "A Coal Miner's Call For Revolution" by Vic Roberts. (NDN* January-February 2001).
- "No, Voting Won't Work" by John Spritzler (NDN* Nov-Dec 2000)
- "Why We Can Change The World" by Dave Stratman. (NDN* July-October 2000). This speech challenges the "Diversity" concept as a means of social change and proposes instead a movement that focuses on what we have in common.
- "The WTO, The US Constitution, And Self-government" by Richard Grossman. (NDN* Jan-Feb 2000).
- "The Battle Lines: Democracy vs. Capitalism" by Dave Stratman. (NDN* Jan-Feb 2000).
- "Counterrevolution: The Role Of Communism In The 20th Century" by Dave Stratman. (NDN* May-June 1999).
- "Revolution: As American As Apple Pie" by John Spritzler (NDN* January-February 1999)
- "The Communist Manifesto Is Wrong"by John Spritzler (NDN* January-February 1999)
- "We Can Get There From Here" by Mike and Melanie Masching. (NDN* Nov-Dec 1998).
- "What Is Missing From The World?" by Dave Stratman. (NDN* Nov-Dec 1998).
- "Does Revolution Make Sense?" by Dave Stratman. (NDN* March-April 1998).
- "What Kind of Society Do We Want?" by John Spritzler (NDN* May-June 1997)
- "Fake Democracy" by Dave Stratman (NDN* Oct 8 1996)
* "NDN" indicates that the article is from the New Democracy Newsletter.
Articles by Dave Stratman
Articles by John Spritzler
Turn the World Upside Down (John Spritzler's blog #1)
End Class Inequality (John Spritzler's blog #2)
We CAN Change the World: The Real Meaning of Everyday Life by Dave Stratman
The People as Enemy: The Leaders' Hidden Agenda in World War II by John Spritzler