Who Rules America?
Wars, Including The So-called "War on Terror"
Palestine (& the Part of it Called Israel)
Culture & Values
Science (Global Climate Change, Peak Oil?/Energy, HIV/AIDS)
Contact or Donate to Us
New Democracy's Core Beliefs
Palestine (& the Part of it Called Israel)
"Zionist" is what people call themselves who believe that there should be a Jewish state in Palestine, and Zionism is the name of the movement that pursued the objective of creating a Jewish state as far back as 1897. The articles and links below explain how Zionist leaders, going back to World War II up through the present time, have attacked both ordinary non-Jews and ordinary Jews as well. Zionist leaders, for example, sabotaged rescue efforts of Jews during the Holocaust whenever the rescue did not entail sending Jews to Palestine. Zionist leaders are so contemptuous of the welfare of ordinary Jews that it is fair to accuse them of being anti-Semitic in the sense of anti-Jewish. Zionism is entirely an anti-working class ideology whose leaders have in the past and still today attack working people whether they are Jewish or not. To be for equality under the law, regardless of religious belief, means to be opposed to Zionism. This is why Jews as well as non-Jews are speaking out against Zionism.
Bibliography about Palestine and Israel, with both pro- and anti-Zionist authors
For an introduction to understanding the conflict in Palestine, please read this: The Root of the Mid-East conflict and the reason our government supports Israel's government, notes for the speech given by John Spritzler at the Watertown public library
Video: Issues Related to a Jewish State in Palestine: Audio/Visual file of a speech by John Spritzler at the Walpole, MA, Public Library, Nov. 7, 2005 (This takes a couple of minutes to load. This can be viewed by downloading the free media player at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/9series/default.aspx . Also, if the video disappears when you adjust the volume, try changing from full to partial screen mode which, oddly enough, restores the video.)
Video: Miko Peled, the General's Son, debunks Zionist myths.
Special Link: Somerville Divestment Project enabling American voters to learn that the majority rejects Zionist inequality.
Video: Auschwitz Survivor on Palestine
Holocaust scholar and director of Hebrew University's Avraham Harman Institute of Contemporary Jewry: 1932 Is Already Here
Video: Ordinary Jewish Israelis in an Israeli store objecting to a shop-owner's refusal to sell to a non-Jew, in a "hidden camera" experiment. (This video was made by people who argue, without any basis in fact, that Jewish Israelis are more tolerant than non-Jewish Arabs; but regardless of their motives, the video is quite interesting.)
* * *
Debunking the pro-Israel mythology that the elite use to attack equality and solidarity and democracy in the U.S. and Middle East:
- Israel has More Poverty than Any Developed Country (video)
- Nerds, Jocks & Conscientious Objectors: The Hidden World of Israel's High School War Resisters, by Sarah Lazare
- Uri Avnery's Specious Attack on the One State Solution
- Three articles on Palestinian's Right of Return
- Israel/Palestine: Why "Peace" is NOT the Solution
- Norman Finkelstein's Criticism of BDS: Wrong, But With a Germ of Truth
- Israeli Leaders and Hamas Need Each Other
- Some Condemnations of Israel's Occupation Only Help Maintain It
- The Media Don't Tell the Real Reason Why Israel Kills People in Gaza
- Why Israel Desires to be Hated by Palestinians by OREN BEN-DOR (link for twitter)
- Israeli army veterans admit role in massacres of Palestinians in 1948
- When Everything You Know Is Not True, Miko Peled Debunking Jewish Myths (video)
- United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD) report on official Israeli discrimination against non-Jews inside Israel and in the territories occupied by Israel. Also a blog article summarizing the report.
- Newt Gingrich's Brilliant Insight about Palestinians by John Spritzler
- Haaretz article: Polish-Jewish Sociologist compares West Bank separation fence to Warsaw Ghetto walls [This famous academic tells the truth--that Israel's leaders are "terrified of peace" and are "taking advantage of the Holocaust to legitimize unconscionable acts.' But why are they afraid of peace? See The Great Fear of Israel's Leaders for an explanation.]
- Israel Charny, director of the Institute on the Holocaust and Genocide in Jerusalem and former editor of the Encyclopedia of Genocide, acknowledges that Zionists committed genocidal massacres and ethnic cleansing of Palestinians by John Spritzler (this includes a copy of The Jewish Daily Forward article reporting on Israel Charny's views.)
- The Root of the Mid-East conflict and the reason our government supports Israel's government, notes for the speech given by John Spritzler at the Watertown public library
- Refuting Israel's "We don't kill civilians on purpose" argument by John Spritzler
- Whose Side Are Richard Goldstone and Bill Moyers On? by John Spritzler
- "Two State Solution" Equals Racism: Palestinians and Jews CAN Live Peacefully as Equals in One Democratic State by John Spritzler
- Is It Realistic to Demand the Right of Return of Palestinian Refugees? by John Spritzler
- The Israel Lobby's Power Comes From the American Ruling Class by John Spritzler
- The Madoff Ponzi Theft: Schadenfreude, Not Anti-Semitism by Daniel McGowan
- Apartheid Israeli Laws by John Spritzler
- The Great Fear of Israel's Leaders by John Spritzler
- Why Israeli Leaders Love Qassam Rockets: A Reply to Michael Neumann by John Spritzler
- Why Is Israel Killing Gazans? by John Spritzler
- The Jews of Iraq, by Naeim Giladi ["I write this article
for the same reason I wrote my book: to tell the American people, and especially American Jews, that Jews from Islamic lands did not emigrate willingly to Israel; that, to force them to leave, Jews killed Jews; and that, to buy time to confiscate ever more Arab lands, Jews on numerous occasions rejected genuine peace initiatives from their Arab neighbors. I write about what the first prime minister of Israel called 'cruel Zionism.' I write about it because I was part of it."]
- A New Path For Israel? by John Spritzler
- Jimmy Carter: Friend or Wolf in Sheep's Clothing? by John Spritzler
- U.S. Nixes Israeli Attack on Iran: Dog Wags Tail? by John Spritzler
- The Tactic of Calling People Anti-Semitic by Amy Hendrickson
- The Israel Lobby and the "National Interest" by John Spritzler
- Israel/Palestine: "It's Complicated!"...Or Is it? (pdf) by John Spritzler
- Somerville Divestment Project's leaflet: Why Our Government Supports Israel's Government and Why We Shouldn't (pdf) and a New Democracy leaflet by the same name (.pdf)
- How Can We End the U.S. Government's Pro-Israel Foreign Policy?, by John Spritzler
- Class Conflict in Israel, by John Spritzler
- Why Israeli Anti-Zionists do NOT “recognize the right of the State of Israel to exist as a Jewish state" by Henry Lowi
- Video of Zionist ethnic cleansing going on today in Palestine, carried out by the Israel government that once claimed to have "made the dessert bloom" but now uproots trees Palestinians depend on for their livelihood.
- One State is Not Snake Oil: A Reply to Michael Neumann by John Spritzler
- SHOULD THERE BE A JEWISH STATE? by John Spritzler
- Albert Einstein Quotations Opposing a Jewish State
- SHOULD PEOPLE OPPOSED TO BIGOTRY AND ANTI-SEMITISM SUPPORT ISRAEL? by John Spritzler
- The Anti-Semitism of Zionism's Leaders by John Spritzler (an excerpt from the above article)
- RIGHT AND WRONG RESPONSES TO PALESTINIAN SUICIDE BOMBERS by John Spritzler
- Rocket Attacks on Israeli Civilians by John Spritzler
- What Would it Look Like if Hamas and Hezbollah Fought a Class War? by John Sspritzler
- Azmi Bishara and Muslims Worldwide Say No to Attacks on Non-Combatants, by John Spritzler
- Why "Pick On" Israel? Here's Why by John Spritzler
- Uri Avnery Is Dead Wrong, by John Spritzler
- Reply to John Walsh's "Why is the Peace Movement Silent About AIPAC?", by John Spritzler
- Brandeis Professor Reinharz Says She Will Debate Israel, But She Won't, by John Spritzler
- How Israel Helps the Islamic Republic of Iran Control the Iranian Working Class, by John Spritzler
- How Israel Helps Saudi Arabia’s Rulers Control their Working Class, by John Spritzler
- Zionists Are Wrong in Claiming All Gentiles Are Innately Anti-Semitic
- Why Do All Politicians Support Israel?, by John Spritzler
- A Letter to Jimmy Carter by Elias Davidsson
- Somerville Election Results on Questions 5 & 6 (Right of Return, Divestment from Israel), by John Spritzler
- Ballot Questions 5 and 6 and the Lies that Harm Us (.pdf, version with background links) a Somerville, MA flyer supporting Palestinians' right of return and divestment from Israel, by John Spritzler
- Bosses and Workers, a poem by Dennis Serdel
- Harvard and Gaza: Will Harvard Do the Right Thing? by John Spritzler
- Chanelling the Resistance by Dr. Azmi Bishara, Member of the Israeli Knesset from Nazareth.
- How Norman Finkelstein and Amy Goodman Help Apartheid Israel by John Spritzler
- Why and How the Anti-War Movement Must Tackle the "Israel" Question by John Spritzler
- After Walt and Mearsheimer: Which Direction for the Anti-Zionist Movement? by John Spritzler
- Why won't Hamas tell the world why there should not be a Jewish state in Palestine? by John Spritzler
- Important link: 911 Video, "Loose Change, 2nd edition, recut
- AN OPEN LETTER TO GILAD ATZMON RE HIS "WHERE TO NOW, PALESTINE?" by Elias Davidsson
- Issues Related to a Jewish State in Palestine: Audio/Visual file of a speech by John Spritzler at the Walpole, MA, Public Library, Nov. 7, 2005 (This takes a couple of minutes to load. This can be viewed by downloading the free media player at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/9series/default.aspx . Also, if the video disappears when you adjust the volume, try changing from full to partial screen mode which, oddly enough, restores the video.)
- HARVARD'S TABOO SUBJECT: SHOULD THERE BE A JEWISH STATE IN PALESTINE? by John Spritzler (May 13, 2005)
- "Do Jews Really Rule The World?" by John Spritzler (December 6, 2003) Les juifs gouvernent-ils vraiment le monde? par John Spritzler (We cannot guarantee the accuracy of this French translation of the English language original that we found on the web.)
- "What Will The New Palestine Be?" by John Spritzler (December 1, 2003)
- "Palestine & Iraq: Any Signs of Hope? The lessons we have learned" by Henry Lowi (November 10, 2002).
- "Should There Be A Jewish State?" by John Spritzler. (NDN* May-Aug. '02).
- "Doit-il y avoir un Etat Juif?" par John Spritzler (Traduit de New Democracy Newsletter, Mai-Aout 2002.)
- WILL THE HARVARD CENTER FOR HUMAN RIGHTS TAKE A STAND FOR ARTICLES 13 AND 17 OF THE UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS?" by John Spritzler
- "We need a post-Zionist leap of faith" by John Rose
- "WEXNER ANALYSIS: ISRAELI COMMUNICATION PRIORITIES 2003" This is a professional consulting firm's recommendation to the Israeli government about how to do propaganda in the United States. The only sense in which it reflects the views of New Democracy is that we agree that the Israeli government uses lies and deception to fool people into supporting it's ethnic cleansing practices.
- "Apartheid targets Palestinian homeowners inside Israel" by Jonathan Cook
- New Democracy Middle East Flyer. (April 22, 2002). Please copy this flyer and pass it on! Here is a .pdf version.
- Statement of Sergio Yahni, Israeli refusenik. (From Yesh Gvul).
- Antiwar Statement of Yair Khilou, imprisoned for refusal to serve in the Israeli Army. (From New Profile).
- "U.S., Israeli, Arab Elites Foment Strife To Control The People" Part I (NDN* Sept.-Oct. '01). Part II. (NDN* Nov. '01 - Feb. '02) by John Spritzler.
- "Israel: Suicide Nation?" by M. Junaid Alam.
Articles by Dave Stratman
Articles by John Spritzler
Turn the World Upside Down (John Spritzler's blog #1)
End Class Inequality (John Spritzler's blog #2)
We CAN Change the World: The Real Meaning of Everyday Life by Dave Stratman
The People as Enemy: The Leaders' Hidden Agenda in World War II by John Spritzler