CONTACT or DONATE to Us
Who Rules America?
Is vs. Ought
Current World Events
Wars, Including The So-called "War on Terror"
Palestine (& the Part of it Called Israel)
Culture & Values
Science (Global Climate Change, World Population, Peak Oil?/Energy, HIV/AIDS)
Contact or Donate to Us
New Democracy's Core Beliefs
Global Climate Change
As the data cited in the linked articles below suggest, there is good scientific reason to be highly skeptical about the claims, by people like Al Gore and the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, that humans are causing catastrophic global warming by producing CO2. In addition, there is a social/political reason to be highly skeptical of these claims. The rulers of the world, like the ruling class of the United States, are an extremely wealthy and privileged elite who need to control ordinary people to prevent them from rising up in any way against the elite of the world. Elites have discovered various ways of controlling people over the centuries. One way is by using war between nations to make people obey their own rulers in the name of unity against the "real enemy"--the foreign enemy nation. Another way, hundreds of years ago, was to persuade people that the cost of disobeying the ruling royalty and Church leaders was an eternity of horrible suffering in hell. Even people (such as Pascal famously), who were very skeptical of the "eternity in hell" threat, reasoned that if there were even the slightest chance that it were true then it's safer to assume it is true and obey the rulers than to disobey them and risk finding out the hard way that eternal hell is the consequence.
Today the rulers argue that we must put aside concerns about economic inequality and environmental pollution caused by profit-driven capitalists (such as BP and its destruction of much life in the Gulf of Mexico just to make a buck) because the "real enemy" is human-caused catastrophic global warming that can only be defeated if we all unite behind our leaders to reduce our CO2 "footprint"; furthermore, if we disobey our rulers then the consequence will be even WORSE than an eternity of personal suffering in hell--it will be the end of the human race entirely because of climate catastrophy. How convenient is the man-caused catastrophic global warming thesis!
Does this scathing criticism of science (that a lot of what is published is incorrect because of, in part, "flagrant conflicts of interest, together with an obsession for pursuing fashionable trends") by Richard Horton, the editor of The Lancet, one of the world's most respected medical journals, have anything to do with climate research today? You decide. Also, read "Why our peer review system is a toothless watchdog" before deciding that if an article is peer reviewed it must be good science.
- NSIDC Caught Cheating--Yet Again (about altering the polar ice data)
- Nobel laureate Ivar Giaever's speech at the Nobel Laureates meeting 1st July 2015
- This talk of warmest year on record is totally misleading
- Peer reviewed and published gibberish
- video: There really has been a 20 year pause in global warming (followed by more videos on the actual (not C02) factors detrmining climate changes)
- Why Does David Rockefeller Want You to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint?
- NASA Study: Mass Gains of Antarctic Ice Sheet Greater than Losses
- Dinosaur Era Had 5 Times Today's C02
- The fact that global warming stopped in the 21st century is acknowledged in these articles in the most prestigious science journals: here and here and here and here . The question is why? The climate theory that predicted there would be global warming in these recent years (18 years or more, according to many) is the theory that human-caused C02 causes catastrophic global warming. Clearly that theory needs to be replaced with a different one. Note that the highly respected climatologist, Judith Curry, shows here why the "missing heat" is not in the deep ocean, as others have claimed in order to explain away the hiatus in global warming without dumping the C02-causes-catastrophic-global-warming theory.
- The Hockey Stick Illusion, by A.W. Montford, is a terrific book that explains and reveals the deliberate corruption in the "science" behind the infamous, and scientifically bogus, "hockey stick" graph of (supposed) global temperature over the last thousand years, which suggests (falsely) that global warming in recent decades is completely and dramatically unprecedented.
- Today (Aug. 20, 2015) the newspapers are announcing a study that claims that human-caused CO2 is in part driving the current drought in California. You might want to look at Figure 10 in this scientific journal article titled, "North American drought: Reconstructions, causes, and consequences," to get a sense of perspective on the VERY long term history of droughts in the American West before accepting the claim that recent human industrial production of C02 is a factor in the current drought. But if real science isn't your thing, and you prefer scary news reports, then don't bother looking at Figure 10. Also of note is this history of drought in California; also this one.
Why the man-made global warming climate models are a "fudge," according to Hansen himself
- Collapse of the AGW theory of the IPCC; 'Most influential climate paper of all time' contains multiple false assumptions
- List of excuses for "the pause" in global warming
- Alarmists Are In Way Over Their Heads on Rising Ocean Claims (2013)
- Video: Dr. Nils-Axel Morner--Sea level specialist--Climate scare is over
- Antarctic Sea Ice Reaches New Record Maximum (2014, NASA) [Note: Arctic, as opposed to antarctic, ice is indeed decreasing. There has indeed been global warming in the 20th century and it is not unlikely that it is affecting sea ice currently. The question, however, is whether or not the CAUSE of global warming (which, by the way, has been on an 18 year hiatus) has been human-produced C02 as theorized by the scientists who have incorporated their theories into models to simulate future climate and on the basis of which they are predicting catastrophic warming unless we dramatically reduce our "carbon footprint." Since these models (i.e., the hypothecized theory they are based upon) failed to predict the 18 year (and counting) hiatus in global warming, the theory does not seem to be a good one to base any decisions on. When a randomized clinical trial shows no evidence that a drug is efficacious the drug is not approved for medical use no matter how wonderful the arguments were for the hypothesis that it would be efficacious; likewise since the 18 year "trial" of the CO2-causes-catastrophic-global-warming hypothesis failed to provide observations in support of that hypothesis, it should not be used to make big decisions, no matter how wonderful the arguments were for that hypothesis. If it turns out that global warming re-commences in the future, we will need to come up with a NEW hypothesis to explain it, one that is DIFFERENT from the now-discredited CO2-causes-catastrophic-global-warming hypothesis. There are plenty of other hypotheses to be considered and tested; that's called good science. But to keep trying to "explain away" dis-confirming observations (such as the 18 year hiatus in global warming) in order to prop up a failed hypothesis is bad science.]
- Touchy Feely Science – one chart suggests there’s a ‘pHraud’ in omitting Ocean Acidification data in Congressional testimony
- The ultra-conservative think tank, American Enterprise Institute (AEI), is cooperating with liberal organizations to promote a carbon tax (justified by the theory that CO2 from human industry is causing catastrophic global warming.) Also supporting the carbon tax is the ultra-conservative Hoover Institution. Furthermore, Big Oil ENDORSES (not opposes) the theory that CO2 emissions are causing dangerous climate change; if you agree, don't think you're "opposing Big Oil" or "opposing conservatives."
- Recent cooling of the upper ocean (2006); still cooling in 2009 as discussed here. This detailed article is from 2000: "Yes the Ocean Has Warmed; No, It Is Not 'Global Warming.'"
- The 18 year long plateau in global temperature is an embarassment to the advocates of the catastrophic anthropogenic global warming (CAGM) hypothesis because the climate models used by these advocates ("warmers") predicted substantial warming during these 18 years. Instead of rejecting their CAGM hypothesis because its predictions are not observed (which would be the scientific thing to do) the "warmers" go to great lengths to argue that the observed global temperature can be explained without rejecting the CAGM hypothesis. This article (praised and summarized here) is an attempt to do just that, by using elaborate statistical agruments. But this article examines the statistical arguments and shows that they are completely invalid, so bad in fact that one statistician, Gordon Hughes, stated, "The statistical methods used in the paper are so bad as to merit use in a class on how not to do applied statistics. All this paper demonstrates is that climate scientists should take some basic courses in statistics and Nature should get some competent referees." Here is another article dismissing the plateau in global warming by adjusting (changing) old data in such a manner as to make the plateau go away, as explained by this critique of the article.
- Climategate, the Sequel: How we are STILL being tricked with flawed data on global warming
- Massive Tampering with Temperatures in South America
- Will Pacific Island Nations Disappear as Seas Rise? Maybe Not. Reef islands can grow and change shape as sediments shift, studies show. (From National Geographic)
- Will a return of rising temperatures validate the IPCC’s climate models?
New UAH Lower Troposphere Temperature Data Show No Global Warming for More Than 18 Years Bob Tisdale / April 29, 2015
- Peer-reviewed pocket-calculator climate model exposes serious errors in complex computer models Jan 21, 2015
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2015-01-peer-reviewed-pocket-calculator-climate-exposes-errors.html#jCp
- In 1997, Richard S. Lindzen, "a leading expert on physical processes of the atmosphere" and a member of the National Academy of Sciences at age 37, as reported in the NYT here, said there was no evidence of a global warming problem. And guess what? The data from then till now (May, 2015) provide no evidence of a rise in global temperature (the famous "plateau" acknowledged even by the head of the IPCC.) Lindzen continues to challenge the thesis that humans are causing catastrophic global warming, writing in March, 2015, an article titled, "The Political Assault on Climate Skeptics," in which he says:
"Research in recent years has encouraged those of us who question the popular alarm over allegedly man-made global warming. Actually, the move from “global warming” to “climate change” indicated the silliness of this issue. The climate has been changing since the Earth was formed. This normal course is now taken to be evidence of doom.
"Individuals and organizations highly vested in disaster scenarios have relentlessly attacked scientists and others who do not share their beliefs. The attacks have taken a threatening turn.
"As to the science itself, it’s worth noting that all predictions of warming since the onset of the last warming episode of 1978-98—which is the only period that the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) attempts to attribute to carbon-dioxide emissions—have greatly exceeded what has been observed. These observations support a much reduced and essentially harmless climate response to increased atmospheric carbon dioxide."
- Video: The Deliberate Corruption of Climate Science, by Tim Ball This video and this article by Richard K. Moore dove-tail with each other.
- When did global warming begin?
- Happy Anniversary: 1 October Marks 18 Years Without Global Warming Trend
- EXXON/M OBILE supports a carbon tax
- The Left vs. the Climate: Why Progressives Should Reject Naomi Klein's Pastoral Fantasy--and Embrace Our High Energy Planet, by Will Boisvert
- Forget global warming!? Earth undergoing global COOLING since 2002! Climate Scientist Dr. Judith Curry: ‘Attention in the public debate seems to be moving away from the 15-17 year ‘pause’ to the cooling since 2002’
- Scientists evaluate the Anthropogenic Catastrophic Climate Change thesis in this document. Here is the source of the document.
- Eminent Swedish scientist latest victim of Climate McCarthyism, by Peter Foster
- Has Global Warming Stopped? (This article says it has not stopped.)
- Report by the NIPCC (Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change), whose lead author scientists are here. The Executive Summary details point by point why the IPCC conclusions (human-caused catastrophic global warming) are not credible.
- Date: 21/02/13
- Graham Lloyd, The Australian
The UN’s climate change chief, Rajendra Pachauri, has acknowledged a 17-year pause in global temperature rises, confirmed recently by Britain’s Met Office, but said it would need to last “30 to 40 years at least” to break the long-term global warming trend.
- Antarctic sea ice hit 35-year record high Saturday (Septemberf 23, 2013) [Washington Post]
- And now it's global COOLING! Return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 29% in a year
- In the prestigious science publication,Nature, aerosols (which cool the atmosphere) and not CO2 are linked to increased hurricane strength "Warmergate" discussed in some detail in the MailOnline
- Big Oil ENDORSES (not opposes) the theory that CO2 emissions are causing dangerous climate change; if you agree, don't think you're "opposing Big Oil"
- The Delinquent Teenager Who Was Mistaken for the World's Top Climate Expert, a book by Donna Laframboise about the IPCC (the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) A review of this book by a person who has advised the editor of this website to take the warnings of the IPCC very seriously. This editor, contrary to the reviewer's opinion, thinks this book by Donna Laframboise makes a very persuasive case that the IPCC is not an organization to be trusted or taken seriously.
- Smoke from Arctic wildfires may have caused Greenland's record thaw
- Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it (Also, see this)
- Arctic Sea Ice in Free Fall by
Emily E. Adams and Janet Larsen
- "There's more to climate fraud than just tax hikes," by Atheo (this argues that the ruling elite are using unfounded fear of "CO2 pollution causing climate disaster" to turn concern for the environment towards support for nuclear reactors.
- Arctic Tipping Point May Not Be Reached, by Matt McGrath
- Good and Bad Choices for Energy Policy and the Environmental Movement 2009-2010 by Morton S. Skorodin, M.D.
- Climate Science: Observations vs. Models, by Richard Moore
- Copenhagen and Global Warming: Ten Facts and Ten Myths on Climate Change by Prof. Robert M. Carter, Research Professor at James Cook University (Queensland) and the University of Adelaide (South Australia). He is a palaeontologist, stratigrapher, marine geologist and environmental scientist with more than thirty years professional experience.
- Harvard Professor John Holdren, President Obama's chief science advisor and an advocate of "radical reconfiguration of policy and economies—and daily life—on a global scale" to address climate change, wrote a book in 1977 in which he presented plans for forced abortions and forced mass sterilization as worthy of consideration as a means to solve the "Population Explosion" problem. This illustrates the kind of totalitarian social-engineering mentality that can shape government policies when the public is persuaded by so-called "science" that there is an existential crisis--like "Global Warming," the modern replacement for the old "Population Explosion" bogeyman. Does this prove human-caused global warming is a false hypothesis? No. But it is important to keep the social context of such claims in mind when evaluating the credibility of various "experts." Note that China's involuntary "one child" policy is turning out to be horrible for babies and ordinary people and the population is actually shrinking in economically more developed nations, as is happening in Europe and Russia and Japan and the United States (excluding immigration) where "women 40 to 44 years old will end their childbearing years with an average of 1.9 children each, a number below replacement-level fertility"--places where there are no involuntary government-enforced population control measures.
- The 'Hockey Stick': A New Low in Climate Science, by John L. Daly
- Cooling Underway: Global Temperature Continues to Drop in May: Significantly Colder' - 16-month temperature drop of -0.774°C!, a report by the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, June 4, 2008
- On the Fundamental Defect in the IPCC's Approach to Global Warming Research by Syun-Ichi Akasofu at this URL: http://pielkeclimatesci.wordpress.com/2007/06/15/on-the-fundamental-defect-in-the-ipcc%E2%80%99s-approach-to-global-warming-research-by-syun-ichi-akasofu/ [Note: due to some weirdness in this URL address, you need to copy and paste it into your browser manually. Sorry.]
- The Faithful Heretic, by Dave Hoopman (an interview with Reid A. Bryson, Emeritus Professor and founding chairman of the University of Wisconsin Department of Meteorology—now the Department of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences—in the 1970s he became the first director of what’s now the UW’s Gaylord Nelson Institute of Environmental Studies. He’s a member of the United Nations Global 500 Roll of Honor—created, the U.N. says, to recognize “outstanding achievements in the protection and improvement of the environment.” He has authored five books and more than 230 other publications and was identified by the British Institute of Geographers as the most frequently cited climatologist in the world.
- Global-warming skeptics continue to punch away, by Joel Achenbach The Washington Post
- Environmental Effects of Increased Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide .pdf), by Arthur B. Robinson et al, in the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, Volume 12, Number 3, Fall 2007 [for background on this article go here.]
- Lord Nelson and Captain Cook's shiplogs question climate change theories
- The First Global Revolution: A Report by the Council of the Club of Rome, which on page 75 states: "In searching for a common enemy against whom we can unite, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like, would fit the bill. In their totality and their interactions these phenomena do constitute a common threat which must be confronted by everyone together. But in designating these dangers as the enemy, we fall into the trap, wh ich we have already warned readers about, namely mistaking symptoms for causes. All these dangers are caused by human intervention in natural processes, and it is only through changed attitudes and behaviour that they can be overcome. The real enemy then is humanity itself." NOTE that the Council of the Club of Rome selected Al Gore to chair its 1997 annual meeting (in Washington D.C.)
- Science and Public Policy Institute website
- U.S. Senate Report: Over 400 Prominent Scientists Disputed Man-Made Global Warming Claims in 2007
- The Creeping Fascism of Global Warming Hysteria, by Floyd Anderson
- Climate and Carbon, Consensus and Contention, by Manuel Garcia, Jr. June 4, 2007
- Read the Sunspots, by R. Timothy Patterson (Financial Post, June 20, 2007) This article includes:
- Statistics needed -- The Deniers Part I
Warming is real -- and has benefits -- The Deniers Part II
The hurricane expert who stood up to UN junk science -- The Deniers Part III
Polar scientists on thin ice -- The Deniers Part IV
The original denier: into the cold -- The Deniers Part V
The sun moves climate change -- The Deniers Part VI
Will the sun cool us? -- The Deniers Part VII
The limits of predictability -- The Deniers Part VIII
Look to Mars for the truth on global warming -- The Deniers Part IX
Limited role for C02 -- the Deniers Part X
End the chill -- The Deniers Part XI
Clouded research -- The Deniers Part XII
Allegre's second thoughts -- The Deniers XIII
The heat's in the sun -- The Deniers XIV
Unsettled Science -- The Deniers XV
Bitten by the IPCC -- The Deniers XVI
Little ice age is still within us -- The Deniers XVII
Fighting climate 'fluff' -- The Deniers XVIII
Science, not politics -- The Deniers XIX
Gore's guru disagreed -- The Deniers XX
The ice-core man -- The Deniers XXI
Some restraint in Rome -- The Deniers XXII
Discounting logic -- The Deniers XXIII
Dire forecasts aren't new -- The Deniers XXIV
They call this a consensus? - Part XXV
NASA chief Michael Griffin silenced - Part XXVI
Forget warming - beware the new ice age - Part XXVII
- The Corporate Climate Coup, by David Noble (Znet, May 8, 2007)
- Top Scientist Debunks Global Warming, by Simon Kirby (The Australian News, April 11, 2007)
- Media Alert-Pure Propaganda-the Great Global Warming Swindle-The Scientists Are the Bad Guys, by Media Lens, March 14, 2007. This argues against a video that challenged the "man is causing global warming" hypothesis; a broken link to the video in included. The video was originally at YouTube, which now says that "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Wag TV." Here is the UK's Channel4 synopsis of the film, which they broadcast.
- Climate Change: As Old as the Hills (Metro newspaper)
Articles by Dave Stratman
Articles by John Spritzler
Turn the World Upside Down (John Spritzler's blog #1)
End Class Inequality (John Spritzler's blog #2)
We CAN Change the World: The Real Meaning of Everyday Life by Dave Stratman
The People as Enemy: The Leaders' Hidden Agenda in World War II by John Spritzler