Who Rules America?
The So-called "War on Terror"
Palestine & Israel
Culture & Values
Science (Global Climate Change, Peak Oil?, HIV/AIDS)
Contact or Donate to Us
New Democracy's Core Beliefs
Supplementary Articles Related to "Thinking about Revolution"
- Gar Alperovitz describes here in great detail how the wealth that people like Bill Gates claim to own was produced by society as a whole and should belong to all of society.
- Inside Job is an Inside Job: A Misleading View of the Economic Crisis, by Dave Stratman, discusses how the economic crash of 2008 was an attack by the elite on the working class. More evidence: "Privatising Europe: Using the Crisis to Entrench Neoliberalism," by Joseph Zacune et al.
- Mom and Pop Capitalism? by John Spritzler, discusses what's wrong with the outlook of libertarians like Ron Paul.
- 10 Ways Our Democracy is Crumbling Around Us by Les Leopold
- A Misunderstanding about Democracy, by John Spritzler
- What Makes a Government Legitimate? by John Spritzler
- What the Market Does to Our Souls, by Allan Nasser
- Historical Evidence that Voluntary Federation Can Quickly Replace the Status Quo in a Revolution, by John Spritzler (citing a long passage from Hannah Arendt's On Revolution.)
- The Capitalist Big Lie about Human Nature, by John Spritzler
- Nov. 5, 2012 Video: After Sandy, Occupy Movement Re-Emerges as Relief Hub for Residents in Need continued here. This video is about what OWS veterans did to organize mutual aid in hard-hit-by-Sandy Rockaway. It's an inspiring glimpse of what people can and will do when they have an opportunity to share according to need. In contrast, FEMA and the Red Cross are doing far less to help people in need; the Staten Island borough president is so disgusted with the Red Cross's failure to help that he's telling people not to donate to it!
- Guns and the Working Class, by John Spritzler, discusses the role of violence in a revolutionary movement.
- Data: Economic inequality within a nation is associated with worse outcomes for 1) drug abuse, 2) education, 3) child well-being
- Video graphically displaying the wealth inequality in the United States, and comparing it to the degree of inequality polled Americans think exists, and to the degree of inequality they say would be ideal.
Articles by Dave Stratman
Articles by John Spritzler
Turn the World Upside Down (John Spritzler's blog #1)
End Class Inequality (John Spritzler's blog #2)
We Can Change the World: The Real Meaning of Everyday Life by Dave Stratman
The People as Enemy: The Leaders' Hidden Agenda in World War II by John Spritzler